If you're tired of lunch meats and chicken salad, try a cold noodle salad without any meat for lunch this week. The peanut butter and peanuts in the salad have enough protein to tie you over until dinner time. The recipe is fairly simple, but oh-so-good:
Cook spaghetti according to package direction. Don't cook any longer than indicated on the box. Reserve 3 tbsp of the cooking liquid. Drain and immediately rinse with cold water.
While spaghetti are draining, mix the peanut butter with the remaining ingredients of the dressing until smooth. Add 3 tbsp of pasta cooking liquid to make the dressing thinner.
Mix dressing and all the remaining ingredients together. Let marinate for a few hours. Serve cold.
- 1 box spaghetti or spaghettini (I use Catelli Smart)
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 bag of (shredded) cole slaw
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 bunch of green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of roasted peanuts
FOR THE DRESSING
- 75 g of smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic (or 1/2 tsp finely minced garlic)
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger (or 1/2 tsp grated ginger)
Store the salad in the fridge. It keeps well for a two to three days.