This spicy sweet potato and black bean chili has no meat, but is packed with nutrition and flavour.
How to Prepare:
Add the yam cubes to a large pot with the olive oil and all the spices and stir until fragrant. Add the stock and the canned vegetables. Bring to a boil. Simmer on low heat until potatoes are tender (20-30 minutes).
Serve with grated cheddar and sour cream.
- 6 cups peeled, cubed yams (the orange sweet potatoes)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt (or more, to taste)
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or chicken)
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp honey